Knight Signs – Case Study
14 Qualified Leads and 21 Warm Leads In 30 Days
Scott Ellerbeck, Account Executive – Knight Signs
- New to the industry without an established network of contacts
- Past salespersons often have difficulties building a network, which leads to turnover in the sales department
- Accelerate the onboarding process for Scott as a salesperson new to the industry
- Have Scott be ‘top-of-mind’ such that he is contacted when companies are changing names and/or rebranding
- Build and nurture relationships in the construction, architecture, and planning industries
- Arrange meetings with companies interested in new signage
- Build and execute customized messaging campaign
- Reach out to project managers, introducing them to Scott, and how he can help them
Why Linked Into Leads?
- Experienced in strategizing and managing revenue generating LinkedIn campaigns
- 14 qualified and 21 warm leads in Month 1
- 2 instant tender inclusions, and 3 long-term on-going tender inclusions in Month 1
- Partner messages delivered at an open rate of 43%
- 1065% increase in profile views in Month 1
- 63% of profile views from target markets (industry, location, position)
- Social ranking jumped 33%
For more than 45 years, Knight Signs has worked closely with Canada’s leading architects, retailers, designers, and institutions, creating way-finding and architectural signage solutions with impact and inspiration.
Scott Ellerbeck was a new account executive, and like many newcomers to any mature industry, he was finding it difficult to acquire new clients and position himself as a solution provider amongst his competitors and peers. Like many others, one of his main concerns was that he would not be able to develop a large managed book and earn a sustainable commission.
Anticipating this concern, Knight Signs hired Linked Into Leads to train him in social selling and increase his morale by “instantly” injecting leads into his pipeline. Before Linked Into Leads, Scott received 8 inbound inquiries per month through the company. His sales pipeline was valued at 20k/month. But, he did not have a consistent lead generation strategy.
As LinkedIn is the largest online database of professionals, Linked Into Leads helped Scott:
- Identify his target market: Project Managers in the Construction Industry in Western Canada
- Build a strategy to reach out to his targets in a non-abrasive fashion and increase professional awareness.
Laying the Groundwork for Longer Term Relationships
1. Instant Leads
Scott immediately received 2 tender inclusions and 3 long-term ongoing tender inclusions.
2. Increased Visibility
In order to completely accelerate Scott’s onboarding process, we needed to increase his awareness such that companies contact him when wanting to re-brand or begin new projects.
3. Client Empowerment
The success of the campaign allowed Scott to fully commit and engage in his work even as a newcomer to the company. Knight Signs quickly realized that training on using LinkedIn as a lead generation tool would be the best investment they could make in their account executive team.
Knight Signs has retained Linked Into Leads on a monthly subscription basis. More LinkedIn campaigns are being developed for the rest of the sales team with the objective of setting up meetings with decision makers.